Sunday was all about shifting a library chair from the Estuary Wilds back to Sunny Stockwell.

We managed to build a little cricket into the objective as well.

The pair of chairs were sourced online. They are perfect for both over here and over there.

We needed to transport one half of the double act down to Sunny Stockwell.

It was a little heart breaking to separate them. They have probably been together as a pair since they first entered into the furniture world.

They’re only a couple of chairs, Jase.

This sums up Sunday #OddJase

A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on

The division of labour was decided early on: I was on chair lifting duty whilst Anna carried the cricket hamper.

I say cricket hamper – it was a cooler box stuffed full of BOOZE.

Chin chin.

We decided to take the earliest train to avoid any crowds.

Brought my own First Class travel on @greateranglia

A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on

The first train was rammed by the time it reached Sunny Colch.

Oh dear.

At least we had an extra seat to sit on.

Getting there

A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on

A quick wander from LS to Moorgate, and then down all the way to Sunny Stockwell.

And finally…

A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on

The chair looked perfect in its new location. It’s pretty much the finishing touch on a five year flat renovation project.

We were in good time.

Out went the shout of:

“To Lord’s!”

Surrey had an away match against the ‘Sex north of the river.


A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on

EVERY summer should included an annual trip to HQ.

It was looking a little uncertain at the start of play if the ‘rrey would make it to the Royal London showpiece final for a fourth consecutive year.

A day out at @homeofcricket with @surreycricket. ACE #3feathers

A post shared by Jason Cobb (@jason_cobb_) on

We headed up to the top tier of the Compton Stand. It was an absolute sun trap up there.

Too hot for BOOZE.

Let’s enjoy the cricket and then find some shade after the interval.

It kinda went to plan.

Surrey were still in the game after the first 50 overs.

This has been a rarity of late.

We headed down to the lower tier to catch the Surrey batting response in the shade, and to open up the BOOZE.

But we weren’t up for it.

Anna even fired up her work laptop.

Oh dear.

It was always looking likely that the ‘rrey would make it over the line with time to spare.

We didn’t have time on our side with two very hungry cats waiting back in the Estuary Wilds.

We made it back to base a little tired, but not emotional.

Sunday evening was spent catching up with the Test match highlights and a little photo editing.

LOVE this game.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *